Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tickled pink...

... that I have finished my pink quilt as I had images of me toting it around world with me. Of course I cannot show it you but I will assure you that I have not abandoned my penchance for stitching odd things on to my quilts. Nor am I ashamed to embarrass myself in the name of art. Which is how come I went to the local pharmacy.
"I need some over the counter medication please."
"Of course, what is it for?"
"It doesn't matter as long as it is pink. Its for sewing onto a quilt."

She did not, to give her credit, bat an eylid. She searched and opened packets and found me pink pills. She sold them to me, she smiled and, as I was walking out of the shop with my back turned I heard her say,

"Well, that's the oddest one yet."

I took it as a compliment :)

9 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Now you have my full attention! I want to know how managed to stitch these babies onto your quilt. I suppose it is good to know that if you have a headache you can just take a few off your quilt - haha.

Deborah Boschert said...

Such a tease!

I once picked coffee beans out of the tray under the self-grind area at the grocery store... to sew onto a quilt!

Kristin L said...

That's funny! I can just see a new wave of color coded drug addicts: "I'd love to try that, but it's red, and I only take yellow pills!"

JB said...

Well you have certainly piqued my curiosity. I can hardly wait until the "pinks" are revealed.

Gerrie said...

Only our Helen would go down this path.

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

You must be tickled pink to have it finished, we cannot wait to see it. AWESOME!!!

Brenda said...

Watch out Gerrie - does this ibuprofen give you gastric inflammation?

Brenda said...

Pepto bismal is another medicinal pink.

judith said...

So love this post - reminds me of ther time I asked my son (then 18) if he had any condoms or syringes I could have. I too wanted to put them on a quilt (and did). He didn't bat an eyelid either and provided both!!