Anyway! I'm so glad you all want to play! And thanks to Brenda for suggesting a good group name!
Here are the "rules" if you all agree:
1. We'll each make a 12 x 12 piece on the challenge theme.
2. We can interpret the theme any way we choose, but will be able to articulate how the theme word or phrase or idea was the springboard to what we create.
3. We can use any techniques and materials, keeping in mind that we're making "quilts" with the requisite 3 layer concept. And someone might to decide to designate a particular technique (say, reverse applique) or a particular material (say, beading, angelina fiber, cheesecloth) as the designated "theme" for the challenge.
4. All of us can post on the blog, to talk about the theme, our ideas, frustrations, processes, progress, etc. And then we'll all post our final results here on or before the deadline so we can see what everyone has done.
5. Here's the deadline scheme I propose, which is basically every 2 months except for the 2nd one which gives 3 months over the holidays:
November 1, 2007
February 1, 2008
April 1, 2008
June 1, 2008
August 1, 2008
October 1, 2008
December 1, 2008
Does this all sound okay to you guys? Feel free to suggest any other guidelines or anything different.
And since we're just launching here, feel free to post and introduce yourself. I've linked our names in the sidebar on the right to our blogs so we can all learn more about each other.
Oh, and do you all want sidebar links to websites, too, for those of you who have them? That's easy to do.
I'll post the first challenge theme later today or tomorrow (as soon as I decide :-) and then I figure we can go alphabetically from there...so Francoise, you'll pick the theme for the February 1 challenge, okay?