Saturday, November 12, 2011

Terri's Plate

I was minding my own business one day when I noticed a delivery truck coming up my driveway.  I scanned my brain, trying to figure out what I was expecting and couldn't come up with a thing.  I was baffled from the moment I took the package from the delivery person up until the moment I saw this beauty inside the box.


Ted did a wonderful job with these plates and I'm thrilled to be in possession of one.  Below is the quilt he based mine on...from the eggplant reveal.  He truly is a glass artist!


Thank you Karen and Ted for such a beautiful gift!

9 comments:

B J Elder said...

What treasures you each are getting. It is such fun to see each one as they are posted, along with the original it was made from. I love the idea of quilts into plates! What a special group of wonderful, gifted, caring people you have.

Maree said...

They are all so beautiful.

Gerrie said...

These are all so wonderful. I enjoy seeing each one pop up on the blog.

Ted Rips said...

Today has been like my own personal reveal day! While Karen told me you all were going to blog about these pieces I really did not expect it to be this overwhelming.

Terri's piece challenged me because of the horizontal stitching. I would have liked for my lines to have been thinner. I loved the patterns on Terri's leafs, and it gave me the idea to use stamps with powdered frit to try to create that image.

Thank you Terri for your kind words

Vicki W said...

I am so in love with all of these plates! What a great gift!

Jenny Loveder said...

These glass plates are mind-boggling beautiful! What a talented artist – and of course, the makers of the quilts too! Brilliant concept!
Jenny Loveder, Brighton, Sth Australia.

Jaye said...

Again...what a wonderful gift!!! I have always loved glasswork and these are beyond compare!

Kristin L said...

I was going to ask how in the world Ted put the patterns in the glass, and there it is -- he answered me before I even knew the question. Very clever. You're the man, Ted.

Rachel Biel said...

What a generous gift he is giving in doing these plates! And, they are all truly so beautiful! That's one nice husband!