Saturday, November 12, 2011

Excuse me, I have to sit down!

Karen told me to look out for a parcel and I knew that her husband Ted Rips is a talented glass artist but, even as I carried the heavy package up the hill from the Copacabana post office, I had little inkling of its contents. This is what I found inside - wow-o-wow! I had to sit down and catch my breath.
I've always liked the graphic lines of Stacked, my piece for the Chairs theme challenge and it is such fun to see the design rendered in another medium. Ted even captured the quilting lines. Thank you Ted for this very special gift.
Stacked © 2009 Brenda Gael Smith

8 comments:

Diane Perin said...

This is beautiful and an amazingly faithful rendering of your quilt. All of these are so beautiful!

Jaye said...

How lucky!!! I love the quilt and the glass rendition! What wonderful surprise for you!

Kristin L said...

The subtle quilting lines are amazing!

Carol said...

Oh, I hope you make a mosaic of all 12 of these glass tiles! Not only will it honor Sir 14, but it will please all of us who enjoy the unique friendship you all have.

Terry Grant said...

Stunning! The graphic quality and the colors are amazing.

Sue Dennis said...

Looks fabulous Brenda! And looking forward to the new size & work from the 12's.

Gerrie said...

Love this. So simple and so elegant.

Ted Rips said...

Running out of aw-shucks things to say, please refer to the first paragraph of my comments to Terry...

This was the first plate that I made (besides the original three for our meets with Françoise, Terry & Gerry). I was so worried about getting it right, and capturing the stitching that I didn't see that it was about chairs. I was so worried about getting it right that I left out one of the yellow legs and had to make it again.

I have been to Copacabana in Brazil and Bolivia, and a visit to New South Wales may not be as far away as one might imagine.