Friday, November 11, 2011

Kristin's Glass Plate





Everyone has been so quiet about these fabulous plates. Apparently they had reached even the international Twelves weeks before mine arrived in Hawaii and no one let out a peep, lest the surprise be ruined. And what a wonderful surprise it was. I recognized my Grey Parrot quilt right away. I think that it is even better in glass than in fabric! We joked about Helen's husband Dennis being named 13 for his book hawking talents, so I propose Karen's hubby Ted be named 14 for his wonderful glass work and obvious dedication to the project!

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

Oh, I love this. He captured the graphic quality perfectly!

Kirsty said...

Wow! That's a lovely one :)

Terry Grant said...

Wow! It is gorgeous.

WhiteStone said...

Truly a sweet and wonderful gift.

Ted Rips said...

Each piece presented it's own set of challenges, and while I will admit to selecting all your pieces based on my ability to interpret them in glass, as the process went on I became bolder.

Kristin's plate was probably the most difficult of the group. I knew exactly how I was going to make the colored squares (sliced pattern bars). However the different grays presented a problem since there are only a limited number of gray glass colors available. I used stripes and transparent smoke to make the different shades. This piece required 3 different fusings, and a desperate search for gray glass.

I am proud to be the 14th Twelve! More exclusive than being the fifth Beatle.

Jaye said...

Oh, I am scrolling down and am just amazed at the talent of this guy!! What a wonderful gift for all of you...he definitely deserves to be the 14th!!

Kristin L said...

You certainly rose to the challenge Ted!