Yesterday I messed about with textile paints and some thermofax screens I got at Festival of Quilts (from the Committed to Cloth booth). I had a grand time and you might be seeing some orange printing in my final orange piece.
But the best success happened when I decided to experiment with some rather ugly fabric (which was the result of dying gone astray for the "gray" challenge"). I screened with the plain DeColourant and then set the fabric out in the sun for the afternoon. And now I actually like the fabric!
We are twelve quilt artists who embarked on an art challenge together. We're from different places throughout the world and our artistic styles vary, but we share a love of art quilting and a desire to play, experiment, learn, and grow.
For four years (2007-2011), we each made a 12x12 inch quilted art piece on a designated theme or palette. See our Theme Series and our Colorplay series.
For the 2012 Series, we changed things a bit and made rectangular pieces, 20x12 inches with roughly 10 weeks between each challenge. As before, we had a designated theme for each challenge.
We shared our process, progress, and results on this blog. It remains a key record of our rich collaboration.