I had a hard time setting to work with this colour scheme. It was so dark! Too dark for me.
As often when I'm stuck, I went through my photos and picked out a few that I found inspiring. There was an old one of blooming chives, taken in my garden, that I really liked. I wanted to do some hand embroidery for this quilt, and those small flowers were perfect.
I also found inspiration in a few of my other colourplay pieces for the general design of my quilt.
The fabrics are all home-dyed.
After all, this quilt doesn't look that dark, but I'm so ready for a happier palette! (Sorry Nikki! :-) )
Here's a detail shot...
I will post a few more close-ups on my blog.
Weekly Art Project: Week 34
5 days ago