Blue, white and black are my favorite colors, so I was really happy when Francoise chose this combination. So happy in fact, that I made three of them. The other two were not to my liking though, so this is the one I'm publishing. This started out as a shibori experiment.
I stitched the fabric in two different directions, painted on some black dye, cured it, washed it out then painted on two different blues. Before I painted on the blue however, I realized I wouldn't be left with any white, so I heated up my soy wax and filled in the white dots that were along the middle.
After all this was done, I realized I had a big turquoise space near the center that really stood out, and tried several different methods of filling it in.
I tried machine stitching a pattern, then hand stitching what was supposed to look like a bridge, but these didn't work. I pulled out my beads, which I haven't used in a long time, and they filled the space up perfectly.