Monday, May 5, 2008

Lost in Translation:Commodity was Aggravation Me

I use Google Alert to monitor where and how various blogs and websites that I am involved in are mentioned in cyberspace. Content scrapers and splogs are despicable things but I was somewhat amused by this apparent double translation of my "Pure Water" post from 22 April:

"Then it was added simple adumbration such as baptize tanks and taps. But commodity was aggravation me. I was apperception so abundant on the infrastructure, I was apathy about the water. So now it is aback to the cartoon board: pure baptize all ..."

My quilting efforts so far for the "water" challenge are also a little lost in translation. I have some imagery in mind but the quilts seem to look quite different...

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

I've gotten some amusing translations going from German to English (my kids actually request translations as a form of entertainment so they can laugh at the funny word combinations). But this takes the cake -- it's nearly incomprehensible. "simple adumbration" may become my new catch phrase!

Anonymous said...

To "adumbrate" apparently means:

1. To give a sketchy outline of.
2. To prefigure indistinctly; foreshadow.
3. To disclose partially or guardedly.
4. To overshadow; shadow or obscure.