Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pure Water?

A large chunk of my legal professional life was taken up with restructuring the government ownership of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric scheme - one of the most complex integrated water and hydro-electric power schemes in the world involving sixteen major dams, seven power stations (two underground), a pumping station, 145kms of inter-connected trans-mountain tunnels and 80kms of aqueducts. Along the way, I learned a great deal about water and electrical engineering. Not surprisingly then, infrastructure images have dominated my planning so far for this theme challenge. First it was pipes, penstocks and turbines. Then it was more simple imagery such as water tanks and taps. But something was bothering me. I was concentrating so much on the infrastructure, I was forgetting about the water. So now it is back to the drawing board: pure water all the way?

0 comments: