Friday, July 15, 2011

We're not going anywhere!


We have so appreciated the lovely comments we've gotten after our "gray" challenge, but one subject has been mentioned to us rather frequently:  the belief that we're folding up our tents and stealing away.

NOT SO!  Actually, Terry's announcement of orange as our last challenge referred to our last Colorplay challenge!  Trust me, discussions are going on behind the scenes as to what we'll do next.  We do not know what form our next challenge will take, or whether all twelve will continue -- but rest assured there will be something going on.  We've all loved our creative explorations together so much and want to figure out what excites us the most as we move forward.

Meanwhile, we're all working on (because thinking and mulling counts as part of the work, you know) our "orange" challenge.  Helen, Francoise and I will be at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in early August with the exhibit of all 144 quilts from the first challenge rounds.  And we're excitedly preparing for an exhibit of both challenge sets (yep, that's 288 quilts) in Houston in November, 2011.

So if we're a bit distracted, we hope you'll understand.  But we'll let you know when we know how we're going to challenge ourselves next! 

Diane

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm SO relieved to know that you are not going anywhere!

Jane said...

I have loved following your work, it is inspiring oh so wonderfu, can't wait for your next book!

Renate said...

I am SO glad too! WHEW! had me totally flummoxed. But if you are thinking about what road to take next, how about "emotions"?

Helen said...

If someone isn't continuing I'd love to be considered as a replacement!

Vicki Miller said...

I am so glad too! I feel like a real dummy. But it did sound that way. I s'pose that's what we get for having so many blogs on google reader that you have to speed read. Love you guys.

Quiltbug said...

I misunderstood as well and was devastated that your group was winding down. I am anxiously waiting to see if another book comes out of your challenges. I wish I could go to Houston this year to see the pieces in person. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Gerrie said...

And I felt like Mark Twain - The reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you will continue your journey. I just finished reading your FIRST book and it was quite a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to the NEXT one. Hope to see you all in Houston in front of your wonderful work. I will bring my book for autographs!!!
Really admire your work.
Annick