Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting ready for Houston!

Hi. Terry Grant here. I have nearly all the quilts from both series of 12 by 12 challenges at my house right now. It would be awful if my house burned down. Oh, no, wait! Why did I even think of that?! Erase, erase. Forget I even said that!

Anyway, I am getting things organized for the showing of both series at the International Quilt Festival in Houston in November. Gerrie Congdon and I are going to be attaching all 288 pieces to black felt panels that will be hung in Houston. Today I opened all the boxes containing the Colorplay series quilts, which each artist has been individually sending me, and I started sorting them into challenge groups.


What fun I have had today, looking at each piece. It is like seeing them for the first time. There really is so much more to see in person than on our blog. And while some of us thought the Colorplay quilts were not as interesting as the Theme series, I am not so sure. Really folks, they are wonderful!

Here they are, bundled by challenge, ready to take to Gerrie's later this week for attaching to the panels, packaging and shipping.


I can't wait to see them all hanging in Houston. It gives me chills to think about it.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Double dedecahedral goosebumps here!

Renate said...

Oh I wish I were going to Houston! I would love to see these in person.

Kristin L said...

Those are very exciting bundles there!

Quiltbug said...

I wish this was a Houston year for me but alas, I was there last year and will go again next year. Bad timing on my part. Houston will love the Twelve by Twelves

Elizabeth said...

What a sight!! what fun to see them all in real life!!! That is quite a job but I am sure that you and Gerrie will have wonderful fun with it!! BrAVOS to all!!!

paper writing service said...

very cool post! thanks alot!

Vonda Piersol said...

Just the few I saw in person at the Clark County Quilt show were spectacular! I am in Texas now and so want to go to Houston for the very first time just to see all the quilts. They are so vivid and do not show all that they are in pictures. Hope to see you all.

Gerrie said...

Looking forward to seeing you again, Vonda!!