Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mangos

Apparently mangos were in peak season when Kristin announced the new color theme. They were piled high at the grocery store. Ten for $10. (Or a dollar a piece. Such silly manipulative pricing.)

I immediately noticed that they included all the colors -- red, orange, black, gray and chartreuse. I took a couple of shots on my counter. (Certainly not very arty. But you can see the colors, right?)I perused Flickr for more mango shots. But they were nearly all yellowy-orange and mostly styled food glamor shots. Not as inspiring as I was hoping. Here is another from my kitchen.Then I remembered a photo I took of a tiny shrine outside a shop in Maine. See the mango?I also remembered the amazing salad I had during our family vacation to Antigua. Mango with goat cheese. Swoon.

Not exactly following the theme colors, but I am feeling the wheels turning and finding bits of inspiration. Now, to put it all together.

4 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Mmmmmm. Mango! I like where you're going with this!

Gerrie said...

Love it and do I ever love mangoes.

Kristin L said...

Mango seems like an appropriate direction. I look forward seeing where it takes you. Hmmm, I might need to go check the freezer to see if we have any of that mango mochi ice cream left...

Unknown said...

Mango and goats cheese????
Why have I never had that? I have not been living properly.