Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kilauea in Silk


My Kilauea quilt is asking to be in silk. I had some of the colors including that gorgeous shibori from Glennis Dolce, Shibori Girl. I didn't have a good lava black. I dyed some last night and you can see the two pieces. I like them both. I still need to work on that taupe color if I want to use all of the colors that Kristin gave us. My gray should be a little lighter and I will work on that today. The Colorhue dyes are so fantastic when you need instant gratification with silk.

I need to get this done because I want to make new work for the Artists Among Us show next month.

1 comments:

Kristin L said...

I LOVE the shibori -- it has all the movement one looks for in lava. Silk and the theme sound like a super combination. I can't wait for reveal day!!