- Layer 3 or 4 fabric squares evenly on top of each other. Iron flat.
- Mark and stitch a grid through all the layers leaving a 1/2in margin all around the edges (shown in the clickable photo below but not in the diagram).
- Using sharp, pointed scissors, cut a cross "X" in each small square. Be careful not to snip through the stitching lines.
- Lay the panel over another fabric square and stitch over the grid lines again.
- Fluff up the layers with a nailbrush. Loose weave fabrics have an extra shaggy effect.
3 hours ago