1. A piece of furniture consisting of a seat, legs, back, and often arms, designed to accommodate one person.Synonyms include: armchair, bench, cathedra, recliner, rocker, seat and stool which gives me an excuse to show you my toadstools (fliegenpilz?) from a design exercise a couple of years ago.
2. A seat of office, authority, or dignity, such as that of a bishop.
3.a. An office or position of authority, such as a professorship.4. The position of a player in an orchestra.
b. A person who holds an office or a position of authority, such as one who presides over a meeting or administers a department of instruction at a college; a chairperson.
5. Slang The electric chair.
6. A seat carried about on poles; a sedan chair.
7. Any of several devices that serve to support or secure, such as a metal block that supports and holds railroad track in position.
Weekly Art Project: Week 31
3 hours ago