Sunday, November 9, 2008

Penny for your thoughts?

As I sit and watch the Remembrance Day parade I have been stitching the final touches on to my maths quilt. One thing I have tried to do with all my quilts is, not only to out some symbolism into them, but also to learn a new technique. Because I was not really an 'art quilter' or indeed, a particularly experienced quilter when we started it has not been hard to find something new to have a go at. But today I surprised even myself in what I had to learn for this quilt.............. did you know that if you put tarnished pennies into a ramekin dish with a good slug of salt and an inch of malt vinegar in just a minute they come out all shiny?

What on earth have I been up to? Well, you will have to wait until 1st December. But here is a sneak preview....

1 comments:

Nikki said...

Congratulations on being the first to offer a sneak peak!