Monday, September 29, 2008

Working...

I'm working on my piece. One second I like it, the next I'm frustrated. I'm telling myself, "just keep going."

I love to listen to podcasts while I work. I was listening to Studio 360 today and they had musician Theresa Andersson in the studio today. I wasn't completely paying attention, but then this caught my ear... "seek shelter... birds fly away... trees stand strong... seek shelter.... do do do do."

Now I am totally inspired and I just had to share it with you.

As you can see in the video, Teresa is a one-woman-band. All her vocals are recorded and relooped and replayed as she performs. Wow.

I think I need to do some singing and dancing in my kitchen, but first... more embroidery on my 12x12.

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

I am fascinated by her modern "one (wo)man band" set-up. I'm most impressed by her footwork. I guess the days of cymbals tied to your ankles and a big drum one one's back are gone. ;-)

:Diane said...

I absolutely loved that link! It will be great encouragement for my granddaughter who is just learning the violin.
Thanks.