Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sneak Peek from Gericon


I finished up a couple of weeks of marathon quilting for my Q=A=Q submission. I have another big project to work on, but before I got to that, I thought I better get the next theme done. I was clueless when I went down to my studio and started looking at fabrics and paints. Then I spied my drawer of roving. Bingo. So I started to do some machine felting, but I broke the screw that the needles attach to on my Bernina. What to do?

Nuno felting! I think I like it better. So this is a sneak peek at a corner. Because you get a lot of shrinkage with felting, I was not sure what I would end up with. But it is just about 12 inches square. After it dries, I will do some hand stitching and maybe some embellishment.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm excited to see the rest of this piece!

Kristin L said...

Oooh, big departure from your usual work. I'm excited to see the rest of it too!

Françoise said...

Yes, I'm curious too. And I'd better start working on mine...