Thursday, August 26, 2010

Everyday, it's a gettin' closer...

Here are Gerrie and I (Terry) reviewing the color proofs of the Twelve by Twelve book. We are in the home stretch. I believe this is the last edit before the book is printed. I feel extra lucky that the rest of the "twelves" trusted me for this final proofing step because I got to see how beautiful it is going to be. Takes my breath away. Truly. When I pulled the spreads out of the big envelope, the title page was right on top, with the book's title (Twelve by Twelve The International Art Quilt Challenge) and each of our twelve names listed. I had to take a moment to just sit and look at that title page.

Lark Books, our publisher, has done a wonderful job with the design and layout and especially the photography of our quilts. Gerrie and I were seeing details we had never seen before. There is so much information and insight and humor and, well, love in this book. I know it is there for the twelve of us and I hope it shines through for everyone who reads it.

The publication date is March, 2011. We will let you know when it can be ordered or if the date changes. We are so excited to share what has been an incredible journey with all of you!

2 comments:

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Great job Terry and Gerrie! Bring on spring 2011! (Love the magnifying glass too.)

Kristin L said...

This is so exciting! Of course we trust you, and with Gerrie as backup and moral support, you can't go wrong. I can't wait to see our final product!! Thank you all for creating such a wonderful legacy of our project.

And, only three more days till our Lorikeet reveal. I made two and oddly it's the one I didn't like as I worked on it, that is my favored design in the end.