Friday, August 27, 2010

Not Quite Done with the Last Challenge

I bought beads to make a fancy edge treatment for my Purple and Yellow Complementary challenge, but I ran out of time to actually sew them on.

But, a few weeks ago, after a little web research, I was in the mood to try a little beading. I'm glad I wasn't rushed because I tried four different designs before I liked the result. The finished border is nothing like what I had originally imagined. But, I really like it, and I think it adds to the contrasts between the two halves.

I know that technically we have an alloted amount of time on these, but in the spirit of experimentation, I really, really, really wanted to see what it looked like with sparkly beads!