I have to admit these colors were a challenge to me, and I'm not exactly sure why. I spent a long time thinking about what I wanted to do, going from abstract back to realistic. I traced the Lorikeet, took out some lines, enlarged it, but nothing grabbed me. I eventually started focusing on just the colors, and what they reminded me of. What came to mind was the various dancers we saw in Peru.
We saw festival dancers and street dancers, and they all had wonderful colorful outfits on and were kicking up their feet to the music.
While the colors were not the same, they were all vibrant like the colors Brenda chose.
This gave me the idea to try something with a dancer, with flowing skirts and colorful clothing. I new right away that I didn't want the whole body in the piece, as I don't do faces or limbs well.
So I found some green that I had screenprinted a while ago, and the red-orange and yellow- orange were in my stash, I just needed to paint the designs on them. The blue was difficult, I couldn't seem to come up with the blue Brenda had posted. I think this is a little darker, but it works. I added some hand stitching and satin stitched it together.
Weekly Art Project: Midpoint Review
2 hours ago