- I love muddy, tight color schemes, but I need enough contrast to make the images stand out.
- I'd like to be able to work from a sketch, but I'm more successful just moving the fabric around.
- I usually incorporate lots of elements in a piece, but I have trouble planning ahead for what goes where and in what order.
- I'm drawn to whimsical, crafty art, but I can't seem to let go enough to embrace that style in my own work.
- I'm easily distracted, even though I know I do my best work when I stay focused and just put in the time.
- I like to mix commercial prints with pieces that I've altered with some kind of surface design, but it's hard to find the right mix.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I'm coming along on my chair piece. I am telling myself that if I'm not pleased with the results, I'll still have time to try something different. As I'm plodding along, I'm thinking about things I struggle with...