BEFORE I read Francoise's posts about transforming an old quilt I decided to play with the same idea. In fact I had had this idea in the back of my mind since Festival of Quilts when Linda and Laural Kemshall planted the idea. So I dug out a little piece which was an insipid nondescript samples from when I was playing with ideas from June C Barnes book about stitching to dye. I used paint scraping techinques as I had juts been watching a DVD about that when I was sick and languishing on a sofa. I used first a tester pot of household emulsion then a variety of Steward Gill and Jaquard textile paints. Here Is the sequence of transformation.
So. From insipid but inoffensive to stiff, ugly and possibly worse. Sigh. I bet Francoise does a whole lot better.
PS. It was fun making a mess though!