Friday, October 29, 2010

Rusty Patina Painting



Quilted and painted fabric done! Some day I will learn to not wait until the last minute, but for now I am living with the urgent to-do list. Currently it has grown to the point I would like to just hide. Fortunately, my sense of responsibility keeps me going, not to mention the fact that I really love most of the things I get to do. Clean bathrooms and kitchen no longer rank as urgent, so they are left until somebody else in the family picks up the slack. This week has been quilting and Halloween costumes, both things that make my creative heart smile.

This is what my quilt looked like on Wednesday. I really wasn't sure about the color scheme as I was painting the fabric. Nothing looked quite right and I was afraid they would look horrible together. I am happy to say that the colors surprised me! I can't wait for Monday's reveal.

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

The colors are gorgeous from my view!!

Cate Rose said...

Gorgeous fabrics and wonderful quilting!

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

I absolutely love these colours and the quilting is fantastic!
Great!

Kristin L said...

I'm loving those colors too! I look forward to seeing what you've done with the fabrics.

Françoise said...

That blue green is gorgeous!

Karen said...

I love it too, and the stitching looks great