Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sketching

I've been making notes and looking at lots of pictures. I'm not sure it's going very well. I just have to assume that something is coming together in my brain and it will find its way out when the time is right.

IMG_0059.JPG

I've looked as some great chair quilts too. Enjoy these links, if you like. Some people don't like to be influenced by others during the design process, so feel free to just pass these by.

Laura Wasilowski did a wonderful series of blue chair quilts. You can see them here. Scroll down to the Interiors section.

Melanie Testa has amazing chairs here, here and here.

I've even noticed chairs in an article about Van Gogh in the new issue of the Smithsonian that arrived today.

For now, I'm exploring a tree/chair idea...

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I've been doing the same thing Deborah. And yes, I'm hoping that something will come together in my brain too.

Gerrie said...

I love Laura's comfy chairs.

Kristin L said...

I'm liking the looks of the tree chair. Maybe it needs roots too?!

Terry Grant said...

I've always wanted one of those chairs made of bent willow branches. http://www.gingerbreadshows.com/ernestine/er3.jpg
Remember them in the movie "Phenomenom"? I just had an image of one of them taking root and sprouting leaves as I read this post.

Gerrie said...

On one of our jaunts - think this one was a hiking trip in Italy, we met a couple from Albany, OR. She made furniture out of bent branches. I wonder if she is still there and making stuff.