Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Chairs Are Always With Us

So far all I can think of is Goldilocks but a chair-themed quilt won first prize in Wall Quilts (Professional) category in the Canberra Quilters 2008 Exhibition. In Chairs are Always With Us (click for image) by Nobuko Miyake:
Nobuko recollects her parents. After losing each of their parents in turn, the children disposed of hte home and its furnishings. Chairs which were in the family home become a quilt now and keep on fondly watching the family.

3 comments:

Lisa Flowers Ross said...

All the math quilts look wonderful. I really did plan to play along with this theme and had a few ideas. Alas, time caught up with me and I did not make one. I will try harder to play along with the chair theme because I have already done a few small quilts with chairs.

Ida from Central PA said...

hmmm .. chairs. i might have to play with this one. I love the chair in my sewing room.

JB said...

Congratulations on your first place win in the Canbeerra Quilters 2008 exhibit.

As far as the new theme, rocking chairs come to mind with there soothing gentle motion.