Quilt Symposium Manawatu 16-21 January 2015) is the premier quilting event in New Zealand. A wonderful week of quilting organised by quilters (on a voluntary basis) for quilters. The Twelve by Twelve International Quilt Challenge is participating in this event in three ways:
- Kirsty and Brenda are part of the teaching faculty, presenting an array of stimulating workshops;
- Brenda is giving a lunchtime presentation (Saturday, 17 January 12.15-1pm) Adventures & Inspiration from the Twelve by Twelve International Art Quilt Challenge and there will be an opportunity to view some of Kirsty and Brenda's quilts "in the cloth"; and
- Deborah's distinctive work Indigo Garden is part of the Living Colour! travelling textile art exhibition, curated by Brenda, that will be on display at the Symposium.
- Working to a Theme (2 days)
- English Paper Piecing (1 day)
- Back to Basics Scrap Party (1 day)
- Stitch Some Magic(1 day)