Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sharing Quilts -- and Ideas!

Did you know that Kristin recently moved from Hawaii to Virginia? And that's pretty close to where I (Deborah) live?! Kristin and her family came to visit this weekend and we packed three days with all kinds of fun, including sharing our 2012 Series art quilts.

Apparently we were gabbing and gesticulating so much that the camera couldn't even focus on our hands. We also talked a lot about where we are going with our "maverick" quilts. Kristin has a clear idea and plan. I am floundering, but she helped me consider several options that are both practical and inspiring.

There really is no substitute for sitting with another creative person and tossing out ideas, brainstorming, making sketches, thumbing through fabric and considering options. Thanks for your help, Kristin! (Now we'll see if I go the direction we discussed or abandon it entirely for something different.)

6 comments:

Kristin L said...

Look at our hands go!

You are so right about the collaborative brainstorming. There is no substitute. I felt the same way about viewing the exhibit at the Corcoran together too. It's so much better when we can compare and discuss our interpretations of what we are seeing.

I look forward to seeing where you eventually go with Maverick. And seeing what everyone else does too!

Gerrie said...

This photo really made me smile. So happy to see you two with hands flailing!

Terry Grant said...

I love that the two of you are close enough (geographically and philosophically) to spend time together and share your work and ideas. The connections among the Twelves are so special and I think have enriched us all.

Brenda said...

I will be seeing Kirsty in a couple of weeks (after the Maverick reveal). I must remember to take my 2012 challenge works with me.

Vivien Zepf said...

How fun! Glad you could spend time together! Looking forward to the next reveal!

Amalia Teresa Parra Morusiewicz said...

Such a treat to see you both share your set of 20x12s at the local Metrothreads meeting on Saturday. Seeing in person is always better than digital!