Thursday, July 26, 2012

Del Meets the Twelve by 12 Quilts


Tonight I attended the preview night for IQF Long Beach and got to see our wonderful array of quilts again. It still knocks my socks off. I found Del Thomas, our angel, at the Visions Gallery table. I was so excited to see her and the quilts together. She had taken a quick look at our quilts and will spend more time with them tomorrow as she was on duty for Visions all night.

Here is a long shot (sort of) of the show. The quilts are in one long row with a divider between the theme set and the color set.

I missed having other twelves with me. I hung out when I saw a group gathering. I got the wonderful comments - like best thing at the show. Several had purchased our book and were excited to see them.

I am looking forward to seeing Terry and Karen tomorrow. I hope to get a photo of us with Del.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Gerrie, thank you for being our ambassador on opening night at IQF Long Beach. It's great to see Del and our collection together. I look forward to more reports!

Kristin L said...

Thank you for reporting in for those of us who could not be there! Know that we are there in spirit with you and Del and Gerrie and Karen though. :-)

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I flew to the Long Beach show just to see the 12 X 12 exhibit. After years of reading your inspiring blogs and reading your book cover to cover, I was still blown away standing in front of these amazing works of art. Thank you, thank you all!