In the meantime, the Blue White Black reveal is not until 1 March 2010. If you are interested in seeing some new material, why not check out some of our Friends & Followers including:
- 12 Connected is a new group of fiber artists that have banded together to create a series of twelve 11"x17" art quilts over a two year period.The first theme is "Sanctuary" and they are due to share their completed quilts any day now;
- Art for 12 revealed their fur-themed quilts at the end of 2009 and are now exploring the theme of "Connected". Their blog is in Dutch but there's a translation widget in the side bar;
- there are all sorts of wonderful mandela quilts over at Art Quilts Around the World, maybe they were channelling Terry's Twelfth of Twelve work;
- Digital to Textile: 8 Views is a new challenge that Karen belongs to. Every two months, after a sumptuous pot luck dinner, one of the group members disseminats a black and white photo to the group. Each artist, using textiles as the primary medium, will create a work using that photo as inspiration. The maximum perimeter is 122 inches.At the dinner held the month following receipt of the photo, they will share our project-in-process and critique each other's work;
- Terri has also joined a new theme challenge group - Fiberactions. They are working in a 16"x20" format. Their first theme was "Initiative" and now they are exploring "Communication";
- the 12 by 12 Project are now up to their sixth theme - Chaos.