Friday, June 4, 2010

Hatred overcome...

After bemoaning my revulsion at  yellow I find myself quite taken with the combination with purple and am on my third quilt. (Dennis wants to know if I am going for a series of twelve all by myself.). As promised they even have a happy theme.
However, life is about more than quilting  (Yes, I know that's not true but it makes people think we are sane if we say it from time to time) amd so I decided this week to have saxphone lessons. Researching the varioius makes of alto saxes to buy I found this.
If I use it to play 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon around the Twelve Inch Quilt' can I put in a performance piece for my quilt this time around?

4 comments:

JB said...

What a cool sax!!

Unknown said...

Now that is what I would call a sax and a half. Love it.
I also love purple and yellow together with a touch of bright green.

Karen said...

Glad you were able to push yourself to get over the purple/yellow hatred. Performance art would be great

Kristin L said...

If you can manage to make your performance in three layers, held together by stitches, then yes -- go for it!!